Monday, June 27, 2011

I keep my eyes fixed on the sun

Now who doesn't love old clothes that make for good new outfits? The dress? It's actually a long skirt. The vest? It's actually an old jean jacket.  A jean jacket that I owned back in grade 7 or 8 when I used to wear a jean jacket with jeans. Oh, the days.  I've been lusting for a white dress for a while now, so I'm very glad my white skirt that I dug up made for a fairly nice ruffled dress when hiked up.  And it seemed like a waste to throw a jean jacket (that I loved so much) out, so cut out the sleeves, and it actually made for a great vest!

So wearing wedges may not have been the best idea to do a walk around the city that ended with a hike up about ten flights of outdoor stairs.  Figures that the one day I feel adventurous, I'm not dressed appropriately. I definitely felt like a tourist in my own city, but in a good way. 





What I'm wearing:
-White skirt from Le Chateau
-Jean jacket (vest) from Jacob Junior
-Tan wedges from Joe Fresh

12 comments:

  1. You are such a beauty.

    I love the jacket vest thing. That was innovative thinking! Denim is so good.

    I'm loving your blog, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative girlie. Making old new! Great way to save money, and the environment, and show off your styling skills!

    Shasie
    Live Life in Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love clothing that is reimagined! Very summer chic dear!

    Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely week!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  4. those wedges you are wearing are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sabrina! I love this outfit of yours. Very chic and comfortable. I love your denim vest! =)

    xx,
    jemyinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is amazing & I love seeing DIY pieces. I find them so inspirational. You look really cute , I would so wear that outfit :)
    xoxo Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this look on you - perfect for summer! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the nice comment!

    www.twinkletoes-golddangles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so beautiful! I love your white skirt!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi there...i'm you new followers!!!
    pretty look...love your white dress!

    http://www.glicious.me

    ReplyDelete

You might like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...